October’s rolled in, and it’s hard to miss. Between the earlier nights and the restless trees, it’s clear autumn’s in full swing. And you know what that means: more cozy nights in and—let’s be real—a good dose of focused work on my end.
What’s Brewing On My End
- So, yeah, my website is under construction. Again. If this feels like déjà vu, you’re spot on. But listen, I’ve hit a ceiling with Gatsby, and I’ve got my eyes set on Webflow and Framer. With a bit of help from Aaron, I’m working on switching gears. More updates coming your way, promise!
- About that course I’ve been mumbling about? Progress is…let’s call it deliberate. No rush jobs here; I’m absorbing tons of great advice and doing my homework. Stay tuned; an update will drop when I’ve got something solid.
- Get ready, because we’re almost there with a major update for Summer Health. This project’s been an all-hands-on-deck situation: branding, strategy, the whole nine yards. And you know what? It’s shaping up to be something I’m pretty proud of. Keep an eye out; news is coming within a month.
Remember, it all boils down to this: Happy Users = Happy Business.
- If you've found value in my article "Why Designers Need to Speak Business", you might also be interested in Ryan's perspective. His piece "I Was Wrong About Why Designers Should Learn Business" really resonated with me, and I think it will with you too.
- Have you heard about Linear? They've been profitable for over two years and have an interesting way of developing their product. If you're curious to learn more, this interview provides a comprehensive look.
- On a personal note, I've been adopting a 'Cost Per Use' mindset for more sustainable purchasing. Originally, it was a way for me to justify buying better quality clothing, but it's become a broader shopping philosophy. Steph has some valuable thoughts on this, and I recommend giving it a read.
“Realizing that every design deliverable needs a sales pitch 10xed my career.”
- Nick Stamas
Until next time my friend,